Monday, September 19, 2011

Let's poke the baby!

I've come to the end of my second day away from my Sarah. For those of you who don't know, I am on the East coast for a conference while Sarah is still in CA. She's doing great, thanks much to my mom for subbing for me and waking late into the night to "poke the baby". Yes... I know Sarah isn't a baby. She's a young lady now. She smart, funny, sarcastic, adventurous, beautiful, and so much fun. And she's my baby.

Sarah's always liked routine. She needs to know where to be, at what time, and what the plan is. Dealing with her diabetes is no different. As long as there's a plan, and we stick to it, she's great. So somehow, at some point in the last 16 months, I decided to be funny and sing a little diddy to her while I poked her finger for her bloodsugar test. It's not really very clever or original. Its basically me singing about poking the baby to the tune of La Cucaracha. Yep... But Sarah loves it. Today, the very first text in the evening after her classes was about how she misses that. She wants mama to come home so I can poke her and sing my silly song. It's kind of funny how much we've bonded through this experience of Diabetes.

I wish I didn't have to poke her at all, but I am looking forward to being home to poke the baby on Friday.

2 comments:

  1. you are a very good mom she is lucky to have you sing to her when u poke her for her bloodsugar i no the feeling i am not young but it still is horrible

    ReplyDelete
  2. how cute is that?!?! Love it!! I wish my mom sang a song to me while I was poking lol

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and let me know what you think!